Actor Shia LaBeouf was arrested early Tuesday morning after police said two men were punched during a disturbance in New Orleans’ Marigny neighborhood, as reported by The Independent Journal Review.
According to Fox News, officers with the New Orleans Police Department responded at approximately 12:45 a.m. to reports of a simple battery in the 1400 block of Royal Street. Two male victims told authorities they had been assaulted.
Investigators said LaBeouf, 39, was “causing a disturbance and becoming increasingly aggressive at a Royal Street business.”
— Shia LaBeouf (@thecampaignbook) February 15, 2026
MORE NEWS: Shark Tank’s Kevin O’Leary Blasts Mamdani’s 9.5% Property Tax Hike as ‘Bat Cuckoo Crazy’ [WATCH]
When an employee attempted to remove him from the establishment, the actor allegedly struck the worker several times with “closed fists.”
“The victims reported that LaBeouf left, but then came back, acting even more aggressive.”
Police said multiple bystanders attempted to restrain LaBeouf outside the venue in Faubourg Marigny before releasing him in hopes that he would leave the area.
Instead, officers said LaBeouf allegedly punched the same victim again in the upper body and then struck another person in the nose.
“LaBeouf was again held down until police arrived,” authorities said. “He was taken to a hospital for treatment of unknown injuries. Upon release, he was arrested and charged with two counts of simple battery.”
Video obtained by TMZ showed LaBeouf shirtless outside the Royal Street business before emergency medical services transported him to a local hospital.
Shia LaBeouf fight in New Orleans 😬 pic.twitter.com/5itmRNJXH7
— Everything Cringe (@CringeWorldonX) February 18, 2026
The arrest marks the latest legal issue for LaBeouf, whose prior encounters with law enforcement have been widely reported.
His first mugshot followed an altercation with a security guard at a Chicago Walgreens.
In 2020, he faced misdemeanor battery and theft charges and was ordered to attend weekly therapy, wear a Soberlink alcohol-monitoring device, and submit to random testing.
In a 2022 interview with Robert Barron for Word on Fire Catholic Ministries, LaBeouf discussed personal struggles while preparing for his role portraying Padre Pio in the film “Padre Pio.”
“I had been abusive to women, and had been shooting dogs and willingly been giving women STD’s,” he said.
“It’s disgusting. It’s depraved. My mother is embarrassed beyond imagination.”
At the time of that interview, LaBeouf said he had been sober for more than 600 days and was converting to Catholicism following public fallout tied to a lawsuit filed by his ex-girlfriend FKA Twigs.
Twigs, whose legal name is Tahliah Debrett Barnett, accused LaBeouf of sexual battery, assault and emotional distress, describing the alleged abuse as “relentless.”
She also claimed he knowingly gave her a sexually transmitted disease and engaged in strict and controlling behavior during their relationship.
MORE NEWS: The Silence of the Lambs Actor Suddenly Regrets Playing Villain Role After Transgender Criticism
LaBeouf denied many of the allegations and said he was working toward recovery from PTSD and alcoholism. The lawsuit was settled in July 2025.
The investigation into Tuesday’s Royal Street incident remains ongoing.
Join the Discussion
COMMENTS POLICY: We have no tolerance for messages of violence, racism, vulgarity, obscenity or other such discourteous behavior. Thank you for contributing to a respectful and useful online dialogue.