Tom Hardy has reportedly been fired from the Paramount+ series “MobLand” after two seasons, according to multiple reports released Friday, as reported by Page Six.

Sources told Variety that the decision came after on-set issues between Hardy and executive producer Jez Butterworth, as well as tensions with 101 Studios and others involved in the production.

A separate report from Puck News claimed that Hardy, 48, was frequently late to filming during the show’s second season and often gave unsolicited script notes.

The report also alleged he changed dialogue and expressed frustration about the ensemble cast, which features Helen Mirren and Pierce Brosnan.

Warning: Account balances and purchasing power no longer tell the same story. Know in 2 minutes if your retirement is working for you.

According to the publication, Hardy’s alleged conduct nearly led Butterworth to leave the series altogether. The situation reportedly caused Paramount to step in and let Hardy go from the project.

Representatives for Hardy, Butterworth, 101 Studios, and Paramount+ have not yet commented on the situation.

“MobLand,” a crime drama executive produced by Guy Ritchie, stars Hardy as Harry Da Souza, a fixer working within a London crime family.

When the series premiered in the spring of 2025, it broke Paramount+ streaming records, becoming the biggest global series premiere in the platform’s history with 2.2 million global views, according to a press release.

FREE Gun Law Map: Laws Don't Pause During Social Unrest

Following ongoing debates over border security and immigration policy in 2026, do you support stricter enforcement measures?

By completing the poll, you agree to receive emails from BoredTrashPanda.com, occasional offers from our partners and that you've read and agree to our privacy policy and legal statement.

Season 2 wrapped filming in March, Variety reported, though no premiere date has been announced so far.

In addition to Mirren, 80, and Brosnan, 73, the cast includes Paddy Considine, Joanne Froggatt, Lara Pulver, Anson Boon, Jasmine Jobson, Mandeep Dhillon, and Daniel Betts.

The first season ended dramatically when Hardy’s character was accidentally stabbed in the chest by his on-screen wife, played by Froggatt.

Despite that shocking cliffhanger, Butterworth clarified to The Post in June 2025 that Hardy’s character was not being written out at the time.

“No. We’re not gonna — we love Harry. We love Tom,” Butterworth said firmly, adding that he hoped “MobLand” would continue as long as it “fascinates and delights and stimulates an audience.”

Before joining the project, Hardy shared with Esquire that the show allowed him to explore different sides of his acting range. “It let me flex different muscles,” he explained of his decision to take on the role.

With reports now suggesting his unexpected exit, the show’s future dynamic remains uncertain, especially after such a record-breaking debut for Paramount+.